Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Back to work

Last night I was busy discovering some more challenges associated with using brightly colored backgrounds. I actually resorted to troweling on the paint with a palette knife... and normally, I'm not that kind of girl. But hey, if we're going to experiment, let's experiment. Anyway, despite my frustration, this technique might produce some interesting results.

I did this shallot with two halves a while back and intended to post it last week, before our little electricity incident. Sorry about the glare.

3 comments:

Kris Shanks said...

You really captured the shapes and color of the shallots in this piece.

Sharon Bancroft said...

Thanks Kris. I really enjoy painting onions, shallots, garlic... I love the colors and the effect of the transparent skin.

vvv66 said...

Lovely.