Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Objects at Rest

This is such an awkward time of year - not yet able to flip the calendar page, but ready to move on to the next thing. Having such a full semester with everything else has left me struggling against intertia in the painting department. Too bad I don't make New Years' resolutions. I need some kind of push to get moving again, instead of spending my evenings just wandering around the margins of the city. On these long, dark nights, the big box stores and their ghoulish parking lots are somehow reassuring. Barnes & Noble, anyone?

4 comments:

vvv66 said...

you sound like you're living in a Hopper painting...

Sharon Bancroft said...

...An apt observation.

vvv66 said...

"Automat" or "Nighthawks?"

Sharon Bancroft said...

More like "Sunday." Better yet, "Soir Bleu." (That's me in the white.)